Rules And Regulations:
Terms & Conditions
The Grand Nairobi Bike Race
Rules and Regulations
Terms and Conditions – Entry
• The official entry form must be completed fully by each intending participant. Completion of the entry form and payment of the entry fee represents acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions – Participation
• Entry application will only be processed after receipt of full payment of entry fee.
• Participants of elite race must be over 18 years of age.
• Participants in the family fun ride under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult.
• All participants must ensure they are medically fit to participate in the race.
• The organizer reserves the right to contact and interview applicants by phone for additional information required for matters relating to this event.
• The organizers will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete/incorrect entry details.
• The organizers reserves the right to refuse entry to applicants who declare false information on their entry form, do not make the required payment, or who have been banned from competition or who have taken banned substances or who do not meet the entry requirements as stated in the Rules and Regulations.
• The organizer reserves the right to limit or refuse entries and to close entries before the closure deadline without notice particularly when a specific quota for a race is full.
• Entries are not transferable to other persons or to future events.
• Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizer to ensure the participant’s safety, participants run at their own risk and the organizers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
• The Organizers reserve the right to use the participants’ personal data, contact information, motion pictures, recordings or any other records obtained, collected or submitted for the Grand Nairobi Bike Race (“information”) for any legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising, re-marketing, marketing of other Products offered by the organizer and those offered by Sponsors to the Grand Nairobi Bike Race. Participants are informed to visit www.grandnairobibikerace.co.ke for further details on the Data Privacy Statement.
• Participants are required to wear an official race number on the front of their singlet/shirt./ attach to their bikes.
• Personal Trainers, mentors or coaches will not be allowed on the course unless they are entered in the event and wearing an official Race Number.
• No un-official vehicles, motorbikes are allowed on the course.
• No pets are allowed on the course.
• Race numbers and Timing chips are not transferable to other participants.
• No result or medal will be given to runners who start in the wrong start assigned to them by the organizer.
• Participants must start the event at an officially sanctioned start time only.
• Competitors are obliged to follow the instructions of Stewards, Race officials or Kenya Traffic Police at all times.
• Participants must start at the official start Line and complete the full officially measured course.
• A cyclist must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical team identified by a reflective jacket with a red cross.
• Road closures will be lifted at the discretion of the Kenya Traffic Police. The Road opening signifies the end of the event. Any competitor still on the roads after this time is regarded by Kenya law as a pedestrian.
• Wheel chairs are defined as a chair fitted with wheels for use as a means of transport by a person who is unable to walk, the wheels of which are directly propelled by push rims fitted directly to the main wheels.
• The wheelchair shall have two (2) large wheels and a maximum of two (2) small wheels. The small wheel/s must be at the front of the chair.
• Wheel Dimensions – The maximum diameter of the large wheel including the inflated tire shall not exceed 70 cm. The maximum diameter of the small wheels including the inflated tire shall not exceed 50 cm.
• Only one plain, round, push-rim is allowed for each large wheel.
• No mechanical gears or levers are allowed to propel the wheelchair.
• The use of fairings or similar devices specifically designed to improve the aerodynamic performance of the athlete in the wheelchair are not permitted.
• Wheelchairs can be examined by the officials before or after the event.
• It is the responsibility of the athlete to ensure that no part of their lower limbs can fall from their wheelchair to the ground during the event.
• It is the responsibility of the athlete to ensure that their wheelchair conforms to the requirements stipulated above. No event shall be delayed while an athlete makes adjustments to their wheelchair.
• If the Technical Officials believe that a wheelchair and/or the athlete using it represent a safety risk they shall be authorized to disqualify the athlete from an event.
• Wheelchair participants agree to indemnify the Organizer and hold the Organizer indemnified and harmless for any injury and death caused to themselves or other persons and to all damage to properties caused by the improper use of the wheelchairs or the defective quality or condition of their wheelchair
• Wheelchair entries are limited to 100 persons. These entries are accepted on a first come first serve basis.
• Wheelchairs must follow the measured amateur.
• If a wheelchair fails to comply with the requirements, participant will not be allowed to start the race and his/her entries will be forfeited and his/her entry fee paid will not be refunded.
It is the responsibility of the competitor to familiarize themselves with the event rules, the race formats, times and routes and any directions as published in the ‘Runners guide’.
Failure to comply with any of the rules may lead to disqualification.